Jul 1, 2010

Flower Friday

Nikon D700, 70-300mm VR lens @ 300mm, f/5.6, 1/100s, ISO 400.

Right there on the Mall, just a little East from the Smithsonian Castle, and I think right next to that art Museum (what's it called?) is this terrific little flower garden. Like the trees around the capitol building, they come from all over the world and are each labeled so that you know what you're looking at; I forgot to look at this one, though. Anyway, what a fun place to spend lunch hours, or evenings. It's cozy and laid out quite comfortably. I recommend making it a part of your tour of the National Monuments.

Oh, yeah, and you may have noticed that I got a new camera. The Nikon D700. It's incredible. It is completely worth the weight of it to carry it around with me to make better quality images. Take this one above for instance: this camera picked out the exact spot I wanted it to focus, even though there were loads of other things surrounding it which made it very difficult for my previous camera to choose the correct subject from this distance--oh, I'm like ten feet away, too. The focus is fast and accurate, even when I'm shooting runners on the side of a dark at night (images to come!). Pretty incredible. Combined with the image quality in low light, and I'm in love. One more, just for Fourth of July Friday Fun. 


Nikon D700, 70-300mm VR lens @ 300mm, f/5.6, 1/320s, ISO 400.


1 comment:

  1. I love the second flower. (So excited to see you guys!)

    ReplyDelete