May 9, 2011

"...is what bwings us togeva, today."

Nikon D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens @ 145mm, f/5.6, 1/160s, ISO 500.
Keep an out for these two--they're gettin' hitched on Saturday.

I love this picture. "I love the lighting" is what people tell me when they see something like this. The thing is, light is the only thing in photography! The camera's job is to record the light reflecting off of stuff and coming into the lens. Without light, there's no photography. 

Now, you may say, "I can make it look like that in photoshop." If that's the case, then you are waaaaaay better at using photoshop than I am. This particular image has very little photoshop work done to it. I use adjusted the brightness slightly, corrected the color, and then made my black and white adjustments. The light disappearing on the right side and the tender look on their faces was all created during class, and all my students had the opportunity to make the same picture. Just Light. 

2 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sal. We just printed it and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete