Feb 10, 2012

This Is What I Bargained For...

It's been a busy time around here! We've had all kinds of wonderful opportunities coming into the Studio lately, from high class car shoots to corporate portraits to portraits of doctors to the Bald Eagles I'm photographing tomorrow with the Cache Valley Photographers. Whew! It's really been fun solving the problem of what kind of picture to make for each of these varied clients. And posing Bald Eagles is no picnic, I can tell you!

It's 2:15 am and I just finished some of these images for a client, and I should be in bed. But I've been looking forward to this moment for a week and a half. See, T. texted me the other day to make an appointment for her and her boys to come in for a portrait. ever since, I've been anticipating it. 

This is what drew me into photography nearly three years ago. I spent my class times in high school photographing landscapes and macros of tree leaves and reflections in streams--you know: art 'n' stuff. Little did I know what I was missing out on!

People is where the fun lies. I love making artful pictures of landscapes and trees and mountains and animals and bridges as much as anyone, and I love some of the images I've produced doing it (see tags at bottom of this post). Nevertheless, those things cannot compare with setting up the studio and photographing two brothers. I plan it like a playground: wide open. I just want those guys to have room, and they certainly took advantage of it tonight with twirling and leaping and doing the "shuffle dance". It was all I could do to make sharp images while giggling right along with these guys. They told me the Knock-knock joke about bananas and oranges five times...and got it wrong all five times! We never did figure out why the giraffe crossed the road.

So, I love the landscapes, animals, and the corporate work absolutely: but it's nice to relax a little and play with light every now and then, too.

Nikon D7000, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @ 92mm, f/7.1, 1/200s, ISO 100.

1 comment:

  1. michelle johnnieFebruary 13, 2012

    I want to see more of those two cute boys and their gorgeous mother!!!!

    ReplyDelete