Aug 26, 2012

Harbinger

If you look through this blog, you won't see newborn babies in pea pods dangling from a snagly branch over the raging surf during a beautiful sunset. It's not that I don't think that wouldn't be a beautiful (if insanely dangerous) picture...it's just not my style.

My style is usually mom and dad with their little kiddo, brother and sister with the new sibling--these pictures I love, and I can interact with and make a more real picture. There's only so much emotion I can elicit from a crocheted owl touque.

But I do enjoy making pictures with meaningful objects, stuff from the family, stuff that might be with the kid for a while. Grandma's blanket, dad's christening clothes, mom's teddy bear, the blanket auntie made. These things have more meaning, and help tie an image to the past, to the family. I dig that.

And this little guy sure dug it, too, when we swaddled him in dad's high school football jersey. Something about all that old sweat and grass stains must be comforting.

Nikon D800, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @ 98mm, f/5.6, 1/160s, ISO 640, Nik Color Efex Pro 4.

1 comment: