May 5, 2013

Multnomah Falls

My wife and I had dinner at Outback Steakhouse last night; our first time there, and my second time inside in my life. The first time I was 15 years old, and an Outback had just opened right next door to Old Chicago in Colorado Springs, where I had just been hired as dishwasher; my first official job. One morning, the head prep chef asked me to go next door to the Outback and borrow their baking stretcher. I ran out the down and down the hill and inquired of the hostess if I could talk to someone from the kitchen. A chef came out, I asked to borrow their baking stretcher, and he said he'd be right back. About 15 minutes later, two guys came out of the kitchen laboring under a heavy box and placed it in my arms. It was heavy! They said to be careful not to drop it, and sent me back up the hill. I lumbered into the kitchen and set the box on the floor, heaving in deep breathes. The chef came over, giggling, and the rest of the staff gathered, too. He bent over the box, cracked it open and bust out laughing. He grabbed three other guys and they put it on the scale, tipping it to 80lbs! Finally, he opened the box for the rest of the staff to see, showing off the box full of garden gravel I had just 'borrowed' from the Outback.

That's got nothing to do with this picture. Mel Torrie was visiting this week, and we got out to shoot the last three sets of pictures you see here together. Be sure to check out his incredible work at the Summerfest in Logan in a few weeks. In the meantime, the only thing I'm lumbering around with is my tripod. Click on the image to view the whole layout.

Multnomah Falls, Portland Oregon. Nikon D800, 50mm f/1.4 D lens, f/11, 1/10s, ISO 100, Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

1 comment: