Jun 9, 2013

Garland

The only trouble with Cache Valley (seriously--it doesn't have much wrong with it) is that the hills in the West are too high! The sun sets sooner in this valley, so sometimes you've got to go over the hill to make a picture, and when you do Gunsight Peak is waiting for you.

Nikon D800, 14-24mm f/2.8 lens @14mm, f/11, 9 frame HDR, ISO 100, Nik HDR Efex Pro 2. Gunsight Peak as seen when leaving Cache Valley.  We'll see how things look in Portland when I get home.
That's what we did during my class the other night. I'm teaching landscape and portraiture classes (two different classes) and have another week of classes coming up. I'll keep hoping that the sunsets are incredible within this valley, but I've got a trip to Garland in my back pocket when necessary.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...

    Is this blogs title out of date? Are you in Cache Valley or Portland now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I'm in Logan! We'll be back in Portland in two weeks. I contracted to teach these classes with USU last year before we ever considered moving.

    ReplyDelete