Apr 22, 2010

Flower Friday

"If you can't beat 'em, shoot 'em."

Isn't that what they say? About allergies, I mean?

As long as I'm going to be miserable at this time of year, I might as well make some pictures that fool me into thinking I like Spring--that's the way they'll feel come January, anyway. That's when we're wishing for Spring so our allergies to smoggish inversions will go away...

Anyway, I made this image lying on my belly in front of someone's house the other day. I was walking to the Studio on my way to class when I looked down and saw a little patch in the grass full of Daffodils. I immediately started shooting. It's a good thing I shoot digital, too, because the first several images had the driveway as the background; I would have been out film before I opened my other eye and saw the willow about ten feet to the left. This made a much better background, and I still had room on my card for 263 images! That's a lot of daffodil pictures!

Anybody want some daffodil pictures? Oh, and my class didn't comment on the grass stains on my shirt.

Nikon D90, 85mm lens, f/4.0, 1/500s.

No comments:

Post a Comment