Mar 4, 2011

The Other Flower Friday

Nikon D7000, 105mm f/2.8 Micro VR lens, f/11, 1/60s, ISO 400.
This one got vetoed as the initial Flower Friday. Certain critics said it's not enough of the flower to be the Flower Friday poster child. Well, I still snuck it in. It's one of my favorites, and it's my blog, and you're not the boss of me, that's why.

It's a Peace Lily; or at least a small part of one. I thought the graceful curve and veins of the flower are rather elegant looking. I chose to focus just on the very edge of the leaf, positioning it to the left to be interesting. The lines of the leaf draw the eye right up that way. Lavender seemed like an appropriate tint.

4 comments:

  1. Yep. Like this one. Line and color are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not "a certain critic." :) I really like the color you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, it wasn't only you...Josh was right there, too!

    ReplyDelete