Jan 31, 2012

7 Secrets Complete

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens @ 112mm, f2.8, 1/8000s, ISO 500.
Wow. I am so grateful to everyone who came to my workshop with Steve on Saturday. We had more than 40 attendees who learned concrete techniques to make their photography better, both while using the camera and while using finishing tools in Photoshop and Lightroom. I really had a fun time.

Nikon D7000, 50mm f/1.4 lens, f/2.2, 1/1600s, ISO 500
I really want to thank my good friend, Jane. She has been my supporter for a long time--one of my early subjects, and one of the first musicians I've been privileged to work with. She is always looking for the bright side and finding ways to be cheerful; she brings smiles to everyone she meets--seriously, you just can't help it.. She is now picking up the camera herself and so our time on Saturday was just right: she got to learn with Steve and me, and I got to photograph her to demonstrate techniques to the rest of the group. The weather cooperated--a balmy 30 degrees--not bad for January--but we did eventually take it in doors to finish up. Steve and I split the group into two for our shooting demos and switched after a time. Although it was cold, Jane didn't complain and obliged us in the shady shed as happily as the dining room window. The Old Rock Church in Providence really has some great places for making beautiful pictures.

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II lens @ 70mm, f/2.8, 1/3200s, ISO 500.
Jane's moved away, bobbed her hair, drifted around, lived some life, and is now back in Cache Valley for more, and the Valley will be better for it. Thanks a million, Jane.

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens @ 112mm, f2.8, 1/8000s, ISO 500.
No that the 7 Secrets seminar is over, I'm looking forward to my next event. I'm thinking a workshop on flash work--really making great light...


No comments:

Post a Comment