Mar 26, 2014

Tetons in the Morning

I'm co-authoring a book on using Lightroom's Develop module to finish photographs, and it's a much bigger endeavor than I ever imagined. It's amazing how hard it is to make time to write! There are so many other things that one could do instead...like write blog posts...

This is an image I may or may not include in the book. I made it last summer when my family had a reunion in South East Idaho, just a stone's throw from the Tetons. I awoke very early, prodded my Mom and Dad out of bed, and we headed up the road to the Park. It was a terrific morning, and I think we got back in time for breakfast.

Nikon D800, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @28mm, f/16, 1/60s, ISO 400.

4 comments:

  1. wow!

    Jyoti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi, you didn't happen to mention how cold it was that morning. :) This is a nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Levi, I just viewed your many amazing photos posted on your blog. Incredible talent. What a range of subjects that benefit from your keen eye. Thanks again for all your help and encouragement at the recent Speedlite class. I was so pleased to find everyone so willing to share ideas about improving photo skills. I have signed up for a four-day seminar in the Olympic Peninsula this June taught by Art Wolfe. In anticipation, I am studying and practicing my picture taking like crazy. Starting to work with speedlights. How frustrating...will take some time to learn. Don't be surprised is I call up to schedule lessons. All my best to you and your family, Christina Brittain, Quinn Mountain, Columbia River Gorge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, It's sure a pleasure to know you! I'm glad you came to that workshop, and I'm jealous for the one with Art Wolfe--that should be incredible. I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete