Jun 27, 2010

My Evening with Judy and Gene

There I was, enjoying a late evening at the National Mall, making pictures everywhere I looked, when suddenly, Gene Kelly and Judy Garland were walking up the sidewalk toward me! I asked if I could impose on them for a photo, and they were gracious enough to allow me a few frames.

Did I say Judy? Sorry, I meant Jenny

Jenny and I are old friends--grew up in Colorado, worked in a chocolatiers' dungeon, and conquered many of the highest mountains on the continent together. She and her fiance, E., now live in D.C. and I was so happy that they had t1me to meet me and show me around the Mall. It was a splendid evening--we circumnavigated the capitol, walked from the Sun to Pluto, stared at Sputnik, and were awed by the architecture. 

Here're a couple more, and here's to many more for the two of them!



Nikon D700, 50mm lens, f/1.8-2.8, 1/15/1/100s, ISO 2000-3200.

No comments:

Post a Comment