Jun 4, 2010

The Road to Sedona

Do you like Bob Hope and Bing Crosby? You know, all those "Road to ____" movies. I personally prefer Bing Crosby in other films, such as "Robin and the Seven Hoods". How about They Might Be Giants? They have a song titled "Road Movie to Berlin" that I memorized ages ago when I played their album, Flood, over and over again. I have no idea what that song is about.

But, these are the thoughts that go through your mind thinking back about photos and where they were made. I was traveling from Flagstaff to Phoenix earlier this year, and took the scenic route through Sedona. I had just made a friend who was a naturalist guide in the area, so it was nice to learn some of the history and ecology as we drove.  Anyway, this was one of the images I made as we traveled down the canyon. The clouds sitting on the hills had just dumped a few feet of snow in Flagstaff, and the contrast just a handful of miles away and lower was impressive. That's a pretty place I could visit again...in the winter.

Nikon D90, 50mm lens, f/4.0, 1/640s, ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment