Dec 21, 2010

Passerby V

I have no idea who this guy is. I'm just getting the first real look at my images from the middle east and had to share this one real quick.

Nikon D700, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @ 34mm, f/8.0, 1/30s, ISO 1600
I was at the restaurant last Monday with my friend, N., eating at that traditional Saudi Arabian place during the sand storm I told you about. Well, as we were exiting, the orange light from the stormy outdoors was shining through the door, lighting this little setup of a traditional looking house or market, so of course I stopped to make a picture. Just as I pressed the button, this goofy smiley face leaned down into my frame and gave me the cheesiest smile ever. Just a super nice guy being funny, I suppose. I asked if I could take his picture, and he was more than happy to oblige. This is the result--pose, and sifting through the grains on the table were all his own idea

1 comment: