Dec 26, 2010

These are a couple of guys I met in Saudi Arabia. This first fellow is a carpenter. For me, it's cool to see the similarities in tools and techniques used by the same people in different parts of the world. Plus, this guy has a great face for a photograph. The light coming through the doorway really makes a flattering portrait.

Nikon D7000, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @ 28mm, f/5.6, 1/20s, ISO 800. 
This football player was just happy to be in my pictures! He really wanted me to make several images of him, so I happily obliged. This one is shot at the gym which had a courtyard between two buildings. That beautiful green grass is Astro turf; grass doesn't last long in Saudi Arabia, I think. It makes for a tough playing surface, and I wonder how it is when they travel to other places and play on grass--it'd be like running on a sponge!

Nikon D7000, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @ 78mm, f/8.0, 1/640s, ISO 800.

No comments:

Post a Comment