Jun 9, 2012

"Sing us a song, you're the Pizza Man"

It's just about lunchtime today. I'm gettin' hungry. I'm jonesin' for something tasty on a Saturday afternoon...and I reckon some sour dough pizza would really hit the spot. Maybe I'll go see Irv; it's only fair--he came to see me yesterday.

Irv Nelson is quite a fellow. I'm sure you've seen him around, maybe toting a bass guitar or other stringed instrument to support another musician. You'll see him supporting another singer at Summerfest (more to come). Maybe you've heard his classic rock band, The Fender Benders. Or maybe you take piano lessons from him--he's a passionate fellow and you can't help but become passionate along with him, which makes him a great teacher. 

And talk about Passion! You should try his pizza! He owns the Pier 49 Sourdough Pizza shop in Providence, and those pies are so good that I sometimes awake with a hankering. I love the Embarcadero...and the Tourist...and the Little Italy...and the Ghiradelli...

You've got to give it a try if you haven't yet. You really will "Fall in Love with Pizza again"!

Nikon D800, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens @ 155mm, f/10, 1/125s, ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment