Jun 2, 2012

The South Fork

You know what those guys say, right? "A bad day fishing is still better than a good day working." Obviously those guys aren't photographers.

K. pounces on the pescados in a riverside pool. 

So a nice day fishing and photographing is pretty much the best thing ever. K. and I hit the South Fork of the Snake this morning, and spent the day stalking trout along some of the most beautiful stretches of river in the world. Yep, not a bad day.

Sometimes you fish in beautiful places...

...and sometimes you fix your line in beautiful places!

This kind of ethereal picture can only be made while fishing cause, you know, you gotta be in the zone.

We floated in K.'s drift boat, fishing from the boat and frequently stopping to walk the shorelines. K. loves pics of the boat--he took this one.

10 and 2, 10 and 2, 10 and 2...

K. turned the camera on me for a few frames, as well.

Whistling while I work? No: sound effects make me a better fisherman.

Man, it's tough spending the day up here.

I even caught a fish! The biggest brown I've ever landed.

Ready for his closeup.


4 comments:

  1. I do not fish, but I am loving these photos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi, you have the best job! Thanks for the profile picture. I hope you don't mind that I'm using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't I know it, Linda! I'm glad that you like the picture--use it up! That's the intent.

    ReplyDelete