Jan 13, 2010

Good Neighbors

I love dogs. I just don't want one of my own. I honestly don't have time or the right lifestyle to be able to care for one properly. So, I just enjoy other people's dogs. Like Haleigh. She's very kind, and she's friendly, but timid. She and her owners are good friends, and good neighbors: they always clean up after her. It's such a nice thing to have considerate neighbors. Too bad they moved...


Nikon D90, 85mm lens, f/3.2, 1/250s, ISO 100, -2/3 EV. In the conversion to black and white, I increased the contrast of the overall image, and brightened the oranges and reds in Haleigh's coat to increase the contrast a little more; I like the way it makes her coat appear almost two-tone. I also sharpened her eyes--if it looks good on people, why not dogs, too?

-SD-

4 comments:

  1. Your pet photos look really good. You should try your hand at tortoises some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like that; I've been practicing my high speed photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picking up a little sarcasm in your comment. Well, I'll have you know that Greek Tortoises can sometimes move VERY fast (but, admittedly, that's only when they fall off of something they're trying to climb).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a little fast! g = 9.8 m/s2 to be exact (when they fall, I mean). But really, no faster than a dog or a cat! Or even a tiny bird.

    ReplyDelete