Aug 26, 2011

Movement

It's not the forth, the fifth, the minor fall or the major lift, but it is movement. And capturing movement in a single still image is pretty fun.

Seniors, wouldn't it be fun to make some pictures with me with this much character to them? Give me a call.


I took the Cache Valley Photographers to the Fair in Tremonton, UT, last night to play around with movement and capturing it with different methods. Check out their results at this link.

This is one of my favorites from the evening. Emma is a singer, and sister to one of the club members and was good enough to model for us. Jacana Parties did the makeup--she is incredibly talented and can make anything happen. You should definitely look her up. We had fun with something like cowboys and aliens. I moved my camera, zoomed my lens, and lit Emma with a strobe all while making a single picture. Only some color adjustments have been made to this image.

Nikon D700, 14-24mm f/2.8 lens @15-24mm, f/5.0, 1/15s, ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment