Apr 28, 2012

So Dawn goes down to Day

Whew! It's hopping around here. We've got High School Seniors coming out of the woodwork, and it's terrific. These kids are all stoked about leaving high school, and moving on/out, and they've really become adults (-ish). I love photographing students at the beginning of their senior year, but so much happens between then and now; I feel that the pictures we make at the end of the term are a better representation of the person their parents are sending out into the world. 

Until they hit college as Freshmen and they look fresh and green again, and it's a wonderful time to be new at stuff. I feel the same way when I hang out with veteran photographers. I feel like I'm an 8th grader touring the high school before the term begins in a few months, and I'm just looking at these people hoping to be as cool and mature as them some day. I look at college freshmen and think how easy and fun and laid back it all was. Finals was really the most stressful thing in my experience? Such is life, new beginnings now and again, and reminiscing about the last new beginning. And sometimes you kinda miss the old days of being so green and naive and free. What did Frost say? Nothing gold can stay.

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens @ 135mm, f/4, 1/400s, ISO 640.

Nikon D800, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens @ 130mm, f/4, 1/400s, ISO 800.

Nikon D800, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII lens @ 130mm, f/4, 1/400s, ISO 800.
 
Nikon D800, 85mm f/1.8 lens, f/5.6, 1/200s, ISO 500. Honestly, K. isn't a senior; but she was helping me photograph them...

No comments:

Post a Comment