Dec 25, 2012

Digging Out and Posting Up

I bought a new computer last week. Between that and the end of the year, I'm cleaning things up--you know, out with the old, in with the new. Not that I'm getting rid of your images (that'll never happen!), but I'm getting rid of a lot of my images that I'm finished using and likely won't be looking at again. For instance, when I teach I end up making a lot of images that are just junk. What can I say? I like the continuous shooting mode on my camera.

For all the junk pictures I make when I teach, I love teaching. Often, my favorite images are made when I teach. Maybe it's having high expectations from my students and no expectations from my models. Whatever the reason, I always end up with a few keepers each time I teach. Like these from earlier this Fall we made while I was teaching the Vernal, Utah, SMUG. They're a terrific bunch, and I always enjoy getting together with them. If you've got a photo club, let me know where and we'll schedule a workshop!


Nikon D800, 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro lens, f/3, 1/1600s, ISO 200.
Nikon D800, 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro lens, f/3, 1/1600s, ISO 200.

Nikon D800, 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro lens, f/3, 1/2500s, ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment