Dec 16, 2012

Finally...Snow!

Nikon D800, 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VR lens @ 70mm, f/11, 1/30s, ISO 100. Nik Color Efex 4.



























As it was snowing on friday evening, my pal M. called me up and invited me to go make pictures on Saturday morning, and I naturally took him up on it straight away. We headed to Spring Hollow where in Logan Canyon, and enjoyed a morning shooting pictures in the clouds and snow.


I was also surprised and interested to see an abundance of wildlife scampering on the snow...all of it rather small. There were several different insects out an about, and this one caught our attention for way too long.
Nikon D800, 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro lens, f/8, 1/60s, ISO 100.

I also took a moment to make a quick self portrait.
Nikon D800, 14-24mm f/2.8 lens @ 14mm, f/8, 1/30s, ISO 100.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to that centipede for braving the cold and snow! Cool shot of it.

    And I like how in the self portrait you could cover the right half of the picture and it looks like it's during the height of summer. Then cover the left half and it's height of winter.

    ReplyDelete